Tuesday 29 November 2011

i opened the door by saumya nair

It has been a really long time since I have written anything worth posting. Hope so I start writing something good and come back to blogging soon.
This post, a short story is 
from my friend SAUMYA NAIR.

I OPENED THE DOOR


            I opened the door and saw no one there! Did someone really knock the door or was it just a feeling? I was eager to know who knocked the door, if the person responsible existed.  I placed my foot outside the door, though I was warned not to do so by my parents. I walked into the garden.
       
The garden seemed to be beautiful even in the dark. I didn’t want to disturb the atmosphere here but I was forced to do so. I took a glance at my house to see how it actually looks in the absence of daylight! My house seemed to be haunted. All this scared me a little. Hence I decided to move forward. The silence was lost as I walked over some dried leaves. I felt as though some one was following me as I could hear sounds made by footsteps. I was curious and at the same time scared. I turned back and screamed. I walked closer and closer to see who was standing by the tree only to see that it was a kite entangling on the lowermost branch of the tree.
       Without a second thought, I ran into the house. I was shocked to see the lights gone. Oh no! I myself had switched them off before leaving the house. How could I do such a stupid thing? I could feel the switchboard as I stretched my hand over the wall. I switched on the lights. I ran over to the sofa. I opened the book I was reading to the page where I had stopped. As I was reading I could feel my hair all over the body stand up. I turned the book to the cover only to see that I was reading a book entitled ‘Goosebumps’. Was it right to read such a book at such a time? Obviously not. 
       I closed the book. I ran over to my bed and shut my eyes tight .In the morn when I got up I saw the book on the table. But last time I had kept it on the sofa. Does this mean that whatever happened last night was just a dream? But it was possible that someone kept the book on the table. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Good one :)...Short but effective!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your passion for the subject matter shines through in every word you write. Color Blind Test individuals might face challenges in certain situations, such as distinguishing traffic lights or identifying color-coded warning signs.

    ReplyDelete